Ms. Usukumah has been part of the teams advising:
- Ministry Brands, LLC (a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners and Genstar Capital Management) in its acquisition of the Faith Division of The ACTIVE Network Inc.
- The Kroger Company in its acquisition via tender offer of Roundy’s, Inc., a grocer that, at the time, operated more than 150 retail grocery stores and 100 pharmacies in the Midwest.
- Charlotte Russe, Inc., a women’s apparel and accessories retailer, in its pre-IPO restructuring.
- Telstra Corporation Limited (Australia) in its $270 million acquisition of substantially all of the equity it did not already own of Ooyala, Inc., a provider of online video management, publishing, analytics, and monetization solutions.
- Connolly LLC, a portfolio company of Advent International Corporation, in connection with its merger with iHealth Technologies, Inc., a provider of policy management services to healthcare organizations.
- American Capital Ltd. in its sale of Specialty Brands of America, Inc., a leading packaged foods company, to B&G Foods, Inc.
- Costa, Inc., a premium sunglasses company, in connection with its acquisition by Essilor International SA.
Ms. Usukumah is involved in various civic and pro bono engagements, including acting as general corporate counsel to the executive board of Inner City Weightlifting, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization helping urban youth to reduce crime and promote professional achievement.In 2009, Ms. Usukumah graduated summa cum laude from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, where she received her B.A. in Sociology, with minors in Japanese Studies and Business Management. In 2013, she received her J.D. from Harvard Law School, where she served on the Harvard Journal for Racial and Ethnic Justice and was a member of the Harvard Association of Law and Business.