Sasha Shulzhenko is a senior associate in the Banking & Finance practice of the New York office of the Firm. His practice focuses on financing transactions of all types, including acquisition financing and working capital financing, first and second lien credit facilities, cash flow and asset-based financing, as well as out-of-court and in-court debt restructuring transactions (including debtor-in-possession financing). During his time at Weil, Mr. Shulzhenko has played a significant role on teams advising leading financial institutions, including Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and Barclays, in various debt financing transactions as well as certain private equity sponsors in leverage buyout transactions and steering committees in restructuring transactions.
Mr. Shulzhenko has played a significant role on Weil teams advising:
- Citigroup and Goldman Sachs as joint lead arrangers in connection with $1.2 billion senior secured revolving credit facility for Enexus Energy Corporation, a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation, in connection with the spin-off of Entergy’s non-utility nuclear business.
- Citigroup in financing (i) a $600 million secured bridge facility in connection with the acquisition by a subsidiary of one of the largest Latin American private equity firms of land-drilling business in Latin America from the world leading provider of drilling services and (ii) $575 million multi jurisdiction secured facilities to refinance such bridge facility.
- SemGroup Corporation in its $500 million senior secured exit facility and $300 million second lien secured term loan exit facility.
- The Sterling Group in $210 million senior secured term and revolving credit facilities and $60 million mezzanine facility in connection with the acquisition financing of a leading manufacturer of parts for the trailer industry.
- General Electric Capital Corporation as administrative agent in $145 million first and second lien credit facilities for Danka Office Imaging Company.
- Blockbuster Inc. in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing, the related $125 million senior secured revolving debtor-in-possession facility and 363 sale of its assets.
He is fluent in Ukrainian and Russian.