Monty Ward is a partner in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in the Firm’s Dallas office. Mr. Ward’s practice focuses on complex corporate transactions and other general corporate matters, including representation of clients in connection with public and private acquisitions, upstream and midstream oil and gas transactions, joint ventures and other investment transactions. Mr. Ward has represented a wide range of clients in a variety of industries, including HM Capital Partners, Hicks Holdings, BlackBrush TexStar LP, EIG Global Energy Partners, DLJ Merchant Banking Partners, Blockbuster, SemGroup, SourceGas, Brookfield Asset Management and JPMorgan.
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.75 billion acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production, LLC
- EnLink Midstream Partners, LP and EnLink Midstream LLC in their $1.55 billion acquisition of subsidiaries of Tall Oak Midstream LLC
- The management team of Navigator Energy Services in its $250 million joint venture with First Reserve to further develop and operate Big Spring Gateway System
- Zedd Energy Holdco Ltd. (a portfolio company of Harbour Energy) in its acquisition of certain offshore Peruvian oil and gas assets pursuant to a 363 bankruptcy sale from BPZ Resources, Inc.
- Aethon Energy in the formation of Aethon United LP, a joint venture with Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and Redbird Capital Partners, and its acquisition of upstream and midstream oil and gas assets of J-W Operating Company and its affiliates; and its subsidiary Aethon Energy Management, together with RedBird Capital Partners, in the acquisitions of natural gas-producing assets in east Texas and northern Louisiana, and the Moneta Divide oil and gas assets
- KTR Capital Partners in its $5.9 billion sale of real estate assets and its operating platform to Prologis Inc.
- Southcross Holdings LP in a $210 million preferred equity commitment from Energy Capital Partners Mezzanine Opportunities Fund and GE Energy Financial Services
- Advent International in its acquisition of P2 Energy Solutions, and subsequently P2 Energy Solutions’ acquisition of Merrick Systems, Inc.
- GE Oil & Gas in its $3 billion acquisition of Lufkin Industries, Inc.
- BlackBrush TexStar in multiple joint ventures related to midstream pipeline and processing assets
- TexStar Midstream in the divestiture of certain midstream pipeline assets located in the Eagle Ford
- Lindsay Goldberg in the acquisition of various non-operated upstream assets in the Bakken
- EIG Global Energy Partners in a debt/equity restructuring of an offshore E&P company
- Wildcat Midstream Partners in a joint venture for construction and operation of a crude oil pipeline
- Private OCTG company in its divestiture of its tubular goods business
Mr. Ward is a member of the Dallas Bar Association and the United Way Young Leaders Society.