Prior to joining Weil in 2005, Ms. Buhl was state director for the Greater New York Chapter of the March of Dimes, one of the largest nonprofits in the US. Between 1999 to 2004, Ms. Buhl was executive director of The New York Women's Foundation. From 1997 to 1999, Ms. Buhl was founding director of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York's Public Service Network, a program to link volunteer attorneys with public service organizations. She also served as executive director of the fair housing agency Westchester Residential Opportunities, Inc. from 1993 to 1997 and was staff attorney for The Legal Aid Society’s Civil Division, Brooklyn Neighborhood Office.
Ms. Buhl co-teaches the Externship on Pro Bono Program and Design at Columbia University Law School. She is a member of the boards of directors for the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee, the Iraqi Refugee Assistance Project and the Scherman Foundation. Ms. Buhl is a member of the Association of Pro Bono Counsel and serves on the Innocence Project’s Development Committee, the Federal Bar Council Public Service Committee, the PILnet Pro Bono Council, and the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Public Service Council.
Ms. Buhl is a graduate of Brown University and Fordham University School of Law.
Professional affiliations & memberships
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Pro Bono & Public Service Committee (2006-2008)
- Association of Pro Bono Counsel, member (2006 - )
- Federal Bar Council Public Service Committee (2006 - )
- The Legal Aid Society Pro Bono Advisory Committee (2006 - 2011)
- New York State Bar Association Committee on Legal Aid (2006 - 2012)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Board member (2007 – 2012)
- Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York, Board member (2007 - )
- PILnet EU Pro Bono Forum Planning Committee (2007 - 2013)
- Innocence Project, Development Committee (2008 - )
- PILnet Pro Bono Council (formerly Public Interest Law Institute Pro Bono Advisory Committee (2008 - )
- Scherman Foundation, Board member (2009 - )
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Public Service Council (2010 -)