Mr. Weisser represents many of the leading private equity funds in transactions in the US and around the world including Altas, American Securities, Bayside, Irving Place, The Jordan Company, Lindsay Goldberg, and Providence Equity and their portfolio companies.
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Watchfire Enterprises, Inc.
- American Securities in its acquisitions of Grede Holdings, Tekni-Plex, Inc., HHI Holdings, LLC, Presidio Inc., and Arizona Chemical.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its sale of its stake in Brightstar, as part of the sale of a majority stake in Brightstar, to SoftBank Corp., sale of PSC Environmental Services, LLC to Stericycle, Inc., sale of Epax to FMC Corp., sale of Remedial Construction Services LP to GFI Energy Group and sale of Keystone Foods to Marfrig Alimentos SA.
- Kainos Capital in its sale of Earthbound Farm to The WhiteWave Foods Company.
- Irving Place Capital in its acquisition of Chromalox, Inc. from Sentinel Capital.
- Providence Equity in its investment in The Chernin Group, sale of Open Solutions, Inc., sale of its stake in The YES Network, sale of its stake in Hulu and sale of Bresnan Communications to Cablevision.
Mr. Weisser is the co-editor of the Firm’s publication, Private Equity Alert, which keeps the Firm’s clients and friends up-to-date on legal and market developments affecting the private equity community, and is also the co-editor of the Firm’s annual Going Private Survey. He was named “Dealmaker of the Week” by The Am Law Daily in June 2010 for his representation of Bresnan Communications in its $1.36 billion sale to Cablevision and of Keystone Foods in its $1.26 billion sale to Marfrig Alimentos. In 2011, he was selected by Investment Dealers’ Digest (IDD) for its annual “40 Under 40” list of the top forty up-and-coming professionals in the finance industry.
Mr. Weisser is consistently recognized by Chambers USA and Chambers Global as a leader in the field of private equity. He is also recognized as a leading private equity lawyer by Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Practical Law Company. In addition, Mr. Weisser was selected for Law360’s Private Equity Editorial Board for 2013 and frequently writes articles for various publications on cutting edge legal developments, including an article in The New York Times on private equity deal terms.