- Partners Group in its sale of a controlling interest in Universal Services of America, LP;
- Berkshire Partners and its portfolio companies, including in the sale of GOBP Holdings, Inc. (Grocery Outlet) to Hellman & Friedman; the sale of National Vision, Inc. to KKR & Co; and the recapitalization of Masai Group International GmbH;
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP Investments), including in the acquisition of significant timber assets in New Zealand;
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and its portfolio companies, including in its acquisition of All Systems Holding LLC; the sale of Systems Maintenance Services, Inc., with Summit Partners, to Partners Group; the sale of Ceridian’s U.K., Ireland and Mauritius subsidiaries to SD Worx; the sale of Comdata, Inc. to FleetCor Technologies, Inc. for $3.45 billion; the corporate separation of Comdata, Inc. and Ceridian HCM; Ceridian’s acquisition of Dayforce; the $5.3 billion take-private of Ceridian Corp.; the recapitalization of MoneyGram International, Inc.; and Hawkeye Energy Holdings in the sale of an ethanol plant;
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio companies, including in its provision of equity to Blackboard Inc. to finance Blackboard's acquisition of Higher One Holdings, Inc.; the acquisition of a significant equity interest in RentPath Inc.; the approximately $1.64 billion take-private of Blackboard Inc.; the approximately $1 billion sale of certain television station assets owned by Newport Television; and the acquisition of ikaSystems Corporation and subsequent recapitalizations;
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investment in Burning Glass Technologies;
- Advent International and its portfolio companies, including in the acquisition of BOS Solutions Ltd.; the sale of Bradco Supply to ABC Supply Co.; and in the acquisition of a majority stake in Bradco Supply Corp.;
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners in the acquisition of Smith System Driver Improvement Institute, Inc.; and
- Various Consortium Transactions, including the failed take-private acquisition of BCE, Inc. valued at approximately $51.7 billion; and the $12 billion take-private acquisition of Univision Communications Inc.
Mr. Goulding is a member of the Boston Office Hiring Committee and is actively involved in recruiting, training and mentoring programs at Weil.
Mr. Goulding is a board member of the United Way of Massachusetts and Merrimack Valley and is engaged with several other philanthropic organizations, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Mr. Goulding served as Editor-in-Chief of the Villanova Law Review. He remains actively involved with Villanova Law School.
Mr. Goulding's interests include running, sailing, hiking and backcountry skiing.