He has been part of several teams representing clients on a range of transactions including:
- Oracle Corporation in its $5.3 billion acquisition of MICROS Systems, Inc. and its $1.5 billion acquisition of Responsys, Inc.
- PetroLogistics LP and PetroLogistics GP LLC and their parent, Propylene Holdings LLC, in its $2.1 billion sale to Flint Hills Resources, LLC
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $5.4 billion acquisition of the animal health business of Novartis AG creating the second-largest animal health company by global revenue, and in the acquisition by Elanco, its animal health division, of Lohmann SE (Lohmann Animal Health)
- Facebook, Inc. in its $16 billion acquisition of WhatsApp Inc., and in its acquisition of Parse, a provider of cloud-based software developer kits
- Lenovo Group Ltd. in its approximately $2.9 billion acquisition of the Motorola Mobility smartphone business from Google
- CEC Entertainment, Inc., a franchisor of family dining and entertainment centers under the Chuck E. Cheese name in the United States and internationally, in its $1.3 billion take private by Apollo Global Management
- ATMI, Inc. in its $185 million sale of its LifeSciences Business to Pall Corporation and subsequently, ATMI’s $1.2 billion sale to Entegris, Inc.
- Verizon Communications Inc. in its acquisition of EdgeCast Networks, Inc and in its acquisition of Intel Media from Intel Corporation, including intellectual property rights and other assets that enable Intel’s OnCue Cloud TV platform
- Apache Corporation in its $2.95 billion sale of a 33% stake in its Egypt oil and gas business to, and the formation of a joint venture with, Sinopec International Petroleum Exploration and Production Corporation
- General Electric Company in its acquisition of Lufkin Industries, Inc., a publicly traded provider of artificial lift technologies for the oil and gas industry
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of CompuCom Systems, Inc., a leading IT outsourcing company, and the Fogo de Chão restaurant chain
- Leucadia National Corporation in a tax-free strategic combination with Jefferies Group, Inc., in a tax-free spin-off of Crimson Wine Group and in its increased investment in HomeFed Corporation to own approximately 65% of HomeFed
- Berkshire Partners LLC in its investment in Farm Boy Inc., a Canada-based food retailer
- American Securities LLC in its acquisition of HHI Holdings LLC, a US-based auto components supplier
- General Electric Capital Corporation in its investment in the EBX Group controlled by Eike Batista
- Avista Capital Partners and Partners Group in their acquisition of Strategic Partners, Inc., a leading manufacturer of medical uniforms
- Lincare Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition by Linde Group of Germany
Mr. Dundon is recognized as a 2014 “Rising Star” in Texas for Tax by Super Lawyers. Prior to joining Weil, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable William L. Garwood of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He received his law degree, with high honors, from the University of Texas, where he was a Chancellor-at-Large (top 16 highest ranking graduates), an articles editor for the Texas Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif.