Marc Lordonnois is a counsel based in the Paris office. Marc specializes in public law and projects, with a particular emphasis on energy and major infrastructure projects. He has been involved in numerous PPP projects, industrial projects and M&A transactions within these sectors.
His expertise covers public contracts (concessions, PPPs and procurement contracts) and regulatory advice in the rail, energy and telecommunications sectors. Marc also advises clients on privatizations and transactions involving State-owned companies. He also regularly represents clients before the French administrative courts.
Marc Lordonnois is ranked by Chambers in the categories of Public Law and Project Finance, where he is noted by commentators as demonstrating “particular skill in matters relating to the public law aspects of energy, infrastructure projects and regulatory issues” and described by sources as “very pragmatic - he always tries to find a solution”.
Marc Lordonnois has notably advised:
- Her Majesty’s Treasury (HMT) in relation to the sale of its 40% stake in Eurostar;
- ARDIAN and Crédit Agricole Assurances on the acquisition of Vinci Park;
- Total in relation to the sale of TIGF;
- the Colas consortium in relation to the PPP project for the financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance of the Vichy Southwest Bypass; and
- the governmental taskforce for PPPs (MAPPP) in relation to the state guarantee for the financing of the Tours-Bordeaux high speed rail link, which was the largest French PPP ever.
Marc Lordonnois is a member of the Paris bar since 1999. He is a 1997 graduate of the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas (DEA in public law) and a 1995 graduate of the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne (Masters in history). His native language is French and he is fluent in English.