Kirsty Horton is a senior associate in the Business Finance & Restructuring group of Weil’s London office.
Kirsty specialises in advising on cross-border and domestic debt restructurings and formal insolvencies. Kirsty’s experience includes advising distressed corporates, co-ordinating committees, sponsors, financial institutions and insolvency practitioners. Recent experience includes advising on oil and gas, shipping and metals restructurings.
Kirsty has completed a secondment to Oaktree Capital Management in London. She studied Italian law for a year at L’Università di Siena as part of a law with Italian law degree. She has also spent 6 months working on finance and restructuring in Dubai.
Experience includes advising:
- the ad hoc committee of bondholders on the restructuring of EnQuest, the largest independent UK oil producer in the North Sea
- the sponsor in relation to the restructuring of Harkand, a provider of subsea capabilities and services to the energy industry
- the anchor investor in the Stemcor restructuring, the most important UK mining and metals restructuring of the current cycle
- MBIA and Ambac in relation to monoline exposure
- a leading Nigerian energy company as strategic bidder in the restructuring of Afren
- Barclays Bank on the restructuring of the General Healthcare Group, which trades as BMI Healthcare
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., including in relation to the ground-breaking sale of its sub-debt claim against LBIE to a JV with distressed debt investors
- KPMG as administrators in the administration of MF Global Finance Europe Limited and MF Global Overseas Limited
- KPMG as judicial manager of BAICO on its insurance insolvency and restructuring