While a member of the Firm’s Private Equity and M&A practice, Ms. Descovich was part of the teams advising:
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $5.4 billion acquisition of the animal health business of Novartis AG
- L’Oréal USA in its acquisition of NYX, Los Angeles Inc.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. in its acquisition of the worldwide rights to the cancer vaccine Provenge and certain other assets from Dendreon Corporation in a Section 363 sale process
- INC Research, LLC (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in its $173 million initial public offering
- Victor Technologies Group, Inc. (a portfolio company of Irving Place Capital) in its approximately $947 million sale to Colfax Corporation
- American Securities LLC in its $860 million sale of General Chemical Corporation to Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners in its sale of Luminator Technology Group to Audax Group
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Descovich was a corporate public and media relations manager in the Global Strategic Media Group at Weber Shandwick. In this role Ms. Descovich managed media relations strategies for Fortune 1000 clients by designing and implementing communications plans and managing issues relating to litigation, regulation, financial and market performance, personal finance and investment products. She also developed and executed strategic leadership transition plans and general media visibility plans for CEOs and other senior leaders and supported one of the largest U.S. initial public offerings in 2006.
Ms. Descovich received her J.D. from New York Law School, cum laude, in 2013, where she served as the Editor in Chief of the New York Law School Law Review. She graduated with a B.A. in English and Economics from Dartmouth College in 2005.