Mr. Verdesca has participated in a number of prominent insurance-related M&A, private equity, restructuring and securities transactions, and was named a "Best Lawyer" for Insurance Law by Best Lawyers in America 2014. Examples of Mr. Verdesca’s experience include:
- advising the Superintendent of Financial Services of the State of New York, as rehabilitator of Financial Guaranty Insurance Company;
- extensive additional restructuring work in the financial guaranty insurance arena, including representations for or relating to Syncora, MBIA, FGIC and Ambac;
- representation of private equity firms including Goldman Sachs, CVC Capital, Guggenheim Capital, Macquarie Capital, Summit Partners, Providence Equity, Lee Equity and Capital Z in insurance-related investments, dispositions, reinsurance, financings and take private transactions;
- representation of UnitedHealth in connection with its acquisition of PacifiCare;
- representation of GE in connection with the acquisition and disposition of most of its insurance businesses, as well as the spin-off and initial public offering of Genworth; and
- the restructuring of Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield.