Joanne is experienced in advising on the pensions aspects of high profile mergers, acquisitions, disposals, private equity transactions, joint ventures, IPOs, re-financings and insolvencies, as well as on market-leading pensions litigation. She has a particular expertise advising on strategy for employers in dealing with pension trustees and the Pensions Regulator both in the context of corporate transactions and also in issues relevant to the lifecycle of occupational pension schemes.
Joanne is a Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute, was awarded a Diploma in International Employee Benefits and is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers.
Joanne is ranked in Chambers UK, and described as “tremendously good and a pleasure to work with.” Joanne is also highlighted in Legal 500 UK as an “Excellent team player” who is “extremely knowledgeable and client driven.” and has been selected to the 2014 London Super Lawyers list for her pensions expertise.
Representative experience includes advising on the pensions aspects of:
- Gores Group in its joint venture agreement with Premier Foods in the Hovis business
- Harsco Corporation in the sale of its infrastructure business to a joint venture with Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- General Atlantic in its acquisition of MeteoGroup
- KPMG, as joint special administrators to MF Global UK, in the settlement of the Group’s pension liabilities
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the UK pension and insolvency issues arising from Lehman Brothers bankruptcy proceedings
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of Civica from 3i Group Plc
- Lion Capital in the sale of a 60% interest in iconic breakfast cereal maker Weetabix Food Co. to China’s Bright Food Group
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of V.Group Limited
- Advent International and Bain Capital in their acquisition of WorldPay, the global merchant services division of Royal Bank of Scotland and one of the world’s largest payment processors
- Premier Foods plc in its £404 million placing, open offer and firm placing