Ms. Bensch has been involved in numerous public and private debt and equity offerings, including investment grade and high-yield debt offerings, particularly in the context of acquisition financings, as well as initial public offerings and other equity, equity-linked and hybrid securities offerings. Her practice covers a wide variety of industries, including technology, media, consumer products, financial services, real estate, and asset management.
- Centennial Resource Development, Inc. (f/k/a Silver Run Acquisition Corp.) in its $1 billion private-investment-in-public-equity offering of 101 million shares of common stock to finance, in part, its $1.7 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in Centennial Resource Production, LLC.
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corporation (Cayman Islands), a SPAC that is an affiliate of Avista Acquisition Corporation, in its $300 million initial public offering and a simultaneous offering of private placement warrants.
- Silver Run Acquisition Corporation, a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by Riverstone Holdings, in its $500 million initial public offering.
- H&R Block, Inc. in a $1 billion senior notes offering by its wholly owned subsidiary, Block Financial LLC, to finance H&R Block's simultaneous tender offer for shares of its common stock.
- Citigroup, Barclays, and the other underwriters in the $2 billion senior notes offering by Danaher Corporation to repay commercial paper used to finance its acquisition of Pall Corporation, and Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch, BNP Paribas, HSBC, and Morgan Stanley, as underwriters, in a €2.7 billion ($3 billion) senior notes offering by DH Europe Finance S.A. (Luxembourg), guaranteed by Danaher Corporation, to finance Danaher's $13.8 billion acquisition of Pall Corporation.
- Pace Holdings Corp., a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by TPG Global, LLC, in its $450 million initial public offering.
- Gores Holdings, Inc., a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $375 million initial public offering.
- Citi, as sole underwriter, in the $200 million initial public offering of Easterly Acquisition Corp., a business development company
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Wells Fargo and the other underwriters, in a $675 million common stock offering and a $1.25 billion senior notes offering by Verisk Analytics, Inc. to finance its acquisition of Wood Mackenzie (United Kingdom).
- Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs, as underwriters, in the $1 billion subordinated notes offering by XLIT Ltd. (Cayman Islands) (a subsidiary of XL Group plc (Ireland)) to finance in part XL Group's £2.79 billion ($4.2 billion) acquisition of Catlin Group Limited (Bermuda).
- Citi and the other underwriters in the initial public offering of Atlantic Alliance Partnership Corp. (British Virgin Islands), a special purpose acquisition company.
- Avolon Holdings Limited (Ireland) (a portfolio company of Cinven Partners, CVC Capital Partners and Oak Hill Capital Partners) in its $273 million initial public offering.
- The underwriters in the $644 million initial public offering and in over $1 billion of senior notes offerings by CBS Outdoor Americas (now known as OUTFRONT Media).
- Deutsche Bank and Bank of America Merrill Lynch, as underwriters, in the $435 million initial public offering by WL Ross Holding Corp., a special purpose acquisition company.
- Signet Jewelers Limited (Bermuda) in a $400 million senior unsecured notes offering to finance its approximately $1.4 billion acquisition of Zale Corporation.
- Elizabeth Arden, Inc. in an add-on high-yield debt offering.
- Altisource Residential Corporation in over $1 billion of follow-on common stock offerings.
- Fidelity National Financial in its $530 million common stock offering to finance in part its acquisition of Lender Processing Services Inc.
- Deutsche Bank, as underwriter, in the $125 million initial public offering of common stock and warrants of ROI Acquisition Corp. II, a special purpose acquisition company.
- The General Electric Company in its sale of $4 billion of senior unsecured notes and $725 million of cumulative preferred stock received in connection with General Electric's sale to Comcast of its remaining 49% stake in NBCUniversal, a joint venture with Comcast.
- Barclays and the other underwriters in the $350 million senior notes offering by Sequa Corporation.
- Nortek, Inc. in its $235 million senior notes offering.
- Franklin Resources, Inc. in its $600 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of a majority stake in K2 Advisors Holdings LLC.
- Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank, as underwriters, in a $1.9 billion senior notes offering by Molson Coors Brewing Company to finance its $3.5 billion acquisition of StarBev.
Ms. Bensch is recognized as a leading lawyer for Capital Markets – Debt, Equity and High-Yield by IFLR1000 2014 and is named a recommended lawyer for Capital Markets – Debt & Equity and High-Yield Debt by The Legal 500 US. Prior to arriving at Weil, Ms. Bensch was a partner in the Corporate Finance group at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP. From July 2008 through March 2009, she was seconded to Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC to serve as Acting Head of Legal for the Americas for the Investment Banking Department.
Ms. Bensch received a J.D. from The George Washington University Law School in 1994 and a B.A. from the University of Colorado in 1988.