Ms. Smith has been part of the teams advising:
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, together with Summit Partners, in the sale of Systems Maintenance Services, Inc. to Partners Group.;
- Blue Star Sports (a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners) in its acquisitions of Bonzi Technology, Inc. and Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc.;
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its significant investment in Blue Star Sports, a developer of youth sports software solutions for registration, payments, web and app development and communications;
- Raine Capital in its minority investment in Mobo Systems Inc. (d/b/a Olo);
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in VectorLearning and in the sale of World Endurance Holdings, Inc., operator of the Ironman Triathlon competitions, to Dahlian Wanda Group;
- Ileos (a portfolio company of Oaktree Capital Management) in its joint venture with Visant Corporation to provide sampling solutions for the beauty, fragrance and personal care market segments;
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in its sale of approximately 50% of the portfolio companies held at the time by One Equity Partners (OEP), its principal private equity unit, to Lexington Partners, Inc. and AlpInvest Partners N.V.;
- KTR Capital Partners in the $5.9 billion sale by its REIT subsidiaries of real estate assets and their operating platform to Prologis, Inc.;
- Parts Town, a portfolio company of Summit Partners, in its add-on acquisition of Food Equipment Services Co.;
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in a $300 million equity commitment to EdgeMarc Energy Holdings.
Ms. Smith is actively involved in the Firm’s pro bono efforts, and focuses on advising non-profit organizations on a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, social innovation financing, and general corporate governance matters.
In 2010, Ms. Smith graduated summa cum laude from The King’s College, where she received her B.A. in Politics, Philosophy, & Economics. In 2013, she graduated cum laude from Boston University School of Law, where she received her J.D. and served on the Boston University Law Review.