Jacqueline S. Smith is an associate in Weil's Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. Ms. Smith participates in the representation of financial sponsors and public and private companies in complex domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, growth equity investments, minority investments, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, and divestitures. Ms. Smith also has experience working with portfolio companies of private equity funds on general corporate and commercial matters.
Ms. Smith has been part of the teams advising:
- Ileos (a portfolio company of Oaktree Capital Management) in its joint venture with Visant Corporation to provide sampling solutions for the beauty, fragrance and personal care market segments.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in its sale of approximately 50% of the portfolio companies held at the time by One Equity Partners, its principal private equity unit, to Lexington Partners, Inc. and AlpInvest Partners N.V.
- KTR Capital Partners in the $5.9 billion sale by its REIT subsidiaries of real estate assets and their operating platform to Prologis, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, together with Summit Partners, in the sale of Systems Maintenance Services, Inc. to Partners Group.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its significant investment in Blue Star Sports and in Blue Star’s acquisitions of Bonzi Technology, Inc. and Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc.
- Raine Capital in its minority investment in Mobo Systems Inc. (d/b/a Olo).
- Parts Town (a portfolio company of Summit Partners) in its add-on acquisitions of Food Equipment Services Co. and Whaley Foodservice Repairs.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in VectorLearning and in the sale of World Endurance Holdings, Inc., operator of the Ironman Triathlon competitions, to Dahlian Wanda Group.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in a $300 million equity commitment to EdgeMarc Energy Holdings.
- Sovos Brands Buyer, Inc. (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its acquisition of Michael Angelo's Gourmet Foods Inc.
Ms. Smith is actively involved in the Firm’s pro bono efforts, and focuses on advising non-profit organizations on a variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, social innovation financing, and general corporate governance matters.
Ms. Smith received her J.D., cum laude, from Boston University School of Law where she served on the Boston University Law Review, and her B.A., summa cum laude, from The King’s College.