Jackie Cohen is a partner in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in the Firm’s New York office. Ms. Cohen regularly represents public and private companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. She regularly represents acquirors, targets, buyout groups, boards of directors, special committees, investment banks, investors and shareholder groups in complex domestic and international negotiated and unsolicited transactions.
- HNA Group Co. Ltd. in its $6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. from affiliates of The Blackstone Group
- IHS Inc. in its $13 billion merger of equals with Markit Limited
- Delta Topco Limited, the parent company of Formula One, in its pending $7.8 billion sale to Liberty Media Corporation
- General Electric Company and Synchrony Financial in GE’s $20.4 billion offer to exchange Synchrony common stock for GE common stock, completing the separation of Synchrony from GE
- The Kroger Company in its strategic partnership with, and investment in, Lucky’s Market
- Atos S.E. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of the information technology outsourcing business of Xerox Corporation
- Engility Holdings, Inc. in its $1.3 billion stock-for-stock merger with TASC, Inc.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its approximately $855 million acquisition of GrafTech International Ltd.
- F.A.B. Partners LP in its $333 million acquisition of CIFC LLC
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its acquisition of the global commercial semiconductor technology business of International Business Machines Corporation, including intellectual property, technologists and technologies related to IBM Microelectronics
- GE Capital in connection with the separation and initial public offering of Synchrony Financial (GE Capital’s North American retail finance business)
- Citi as financial advisor to The Jones Group Inc. in the $2.2 billion take private by Sycamore Partners
- Harsco Corporation in its approximately $525 million sale of its infrastructure division to a joint venture with Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, and its acquisition and subsequent sale of a minority interest in the joint venture combination with Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services
- GE Aviation in the sales of its UK landing gear business, its electromechanical actuation division and its hydraulic thrust reverser actuation business to Triumph Group, Inc., TransDigm Group Incorporated and Woodward, Inc., respectively
- Perella Weinberg in its role as financial advisor to the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of rue21, inc. in connection with Apax’s $1.1 billion bid to take rue21 private
- American Securities in its $750 million leveraged buyout of HHI Holdings from KPS Capital Partners
- Hit Entertainment in connection with its $680 million sale to U.S. toy company Mattel, Inc.
- Sanofi in connection with its $20.1 billion acquisition of U.S. biotechnology firm Genzyme Corp.
- NBC Universal and parent General Electric in GE’s $37.25 billion joint venture with Comcast for ownership of NBC Universal and Comcast’s cable channels and regional sports networks and, thereafter, GE in the $18.1 billion sale of its remaining 49 percent stake in NBCUniversal and related real estate to Comcast
- DIRECTV in connection with its $25 billion stock-for-stock merger with Liberty Entertainment
Ms. Cohen was selected as one of M&A Advisor’s 2012 “40 Under 40” honorees, an award that recognizes attorneys under the age of 40 for their accomplishments and expertise in the M&A field. She is also a “Rising Star” for M&A by IFLR1000, and has also been recognized by Legal 500 US and Chambers USA.