He counsels a diverse range of clients and boards of directors on governance, fiduciary duty, corporate control, and other corporate and strategic matters. He also regularly represents several of the bulge-bracket investment banks in their merger and acquisition advisory activities.
- General Electric Company in its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets
- Citi as financial advisor to Rite Aid Corporation in its $2 billion acquisition of Envision Pharmaceutical Services (EnvisionRX)
- Harsco Corporation in its approximately $525 million sale of its infrastructure division to a joint venture with Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- CBS in its development of CBS Sports Radio, a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week lineup of national programming from CBS RADIO and CBS Sports
- Mubadala Development Company PJSC, a public joint stock company wholly owned by the Government of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, as a member of the consortium including the Sony Corporation, in the consortium's $2.2 billion acquisition of EMI Music Publishing, the music publishing arm of EMI
- NBC Universal and parent General Electric in GE’s $37.25 billion joint venture with Comcast for ownership of NBC Universal and Comcast’s cable channels and regional sports networks and, thereafter, GE in the $18.1 billion sale of its remaining 49 percent stake in NBCUniversal and related real estate to Comcast
- Citadel Broadcasting in its $2.5 billion acquisition by Cumulus Media
- General Electric in its $535 million acquisition of a stake in China XD Electric Co.
- Cedar Fair in its proposed acquisition by an affiliate of Apollo Global Management (terminated)
- Cardinal Health in its spinoff of CareFusion
- NYMEX Holdings, Inc. in connection with its acquisition by CME Group, Inc.
- CBS in the acquisition of CNET Networks, Inc.; its separation from Viacom; its joint venture with Warner Bros. Entertainment to form The CW Network; its programming and distribution arrangements with Westwood One; and its acquisitions of College Sports Television (CSTV) and CBS/King World Productions and, prior thereto, Westinghouse in its acquisition of CBS
- General Electric in its sales of its U.S. and U.K. Unison Engine Components units to subsidiaries of Precision Castparts Corp., GE Plastics to Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, and of GE Insurance Solutions to Swiss Re; its acquisitions of Zenon Environmental, SBS Technologies, Ionics, Edwards Systems Technology, InVision Technologies, OSi Specialties, and BetzDearborn; its IPO of Genworth Financial; and its sale of Genpact
- NBCUniversal in its acquisition (together with Bain Capital and Blackstone Group) of The Weather Channel; its joint venture with News Corp. and Providence Equity to create Hulu; and its acquisitions of Oxygen, ivillage.com, and Telemundo
- Houghton Mifflin in the sale of its college division to Cengage Learning
- msystems in its sale to Sandisk
- Molson in its merger with Coors
- Hughes Supply in its merger with Home Depot
- LendingTree in its merger with IAC/lnterActive Corp.
Mr. Chatzinoff is consistently recognized in Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Legal 500 US, Best Lawyers in America and IFLR1000. He was also named by Lawdragon.com as one of the 500 best lawyers in the United States in 2010.
Mr. Chatzinoff is active in the New York community, serving as Chair of the Board of Directors of PENCIL, an organization that inspires innovation in NYC’s public schools through private-public partnerships.