Hannah's litigation and dispute resolution experience includes a wide range of complex commercial cross-border and general commercial disputes giving rise to issues such as: breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties and misrepresentation; shareholder disputes (including minority shareholder issues); cross-border insolvency issues and jurisdiction matters (and resulting conflicts of laws).
Hannah has experience in contentious intellectual property matters, having acted for Facebook, iTunes, Sony, Yahoo!, among others, and having successfully completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law. She also represents clients with respect to regulatory work/investigations having acted in a number of major regulatory enquiries, such as investigations by The Office of Fair Trading, The Financial Services Authority (as it was then) and The Food Standards Agency.
Representative litigation experience:
- Securing victory for Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay and their associated companies for the multimillion-pound action related to the Maybourne Hotel Group
- RadioCentre, the industry body for commercial radio in the UK, on the successful resolution of an important dispute concerning the terms under which its member radio stations can broadcast and copy musical works, which are protected by copyright
- Ingenious Media in a £1bn+ appeal against amendments made by HMRC to their respective tax returns
- On the continued representation in Europe of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. (LBHI) and its main subsidiaries (including Lehman Brothers Special Finance (LBSF), Lehman Commercial Paper Inc (LCPI) and other US companies also in chapter 11
- AIG on a range of matters, including successfully defending in multiple regulatory investigations arising out of AIG’s subprime-related losses
- Consortium of seven major online music providers (AOL, Yahoo!, RealNetworks, iTunes, SonyConnect, Napster and MusicNet) in proceedings instituted in the UK Copyright Tribunal against the UK collecting societies representing the music publishing industry, the MCPS-PRS Alliance
- Facebook on a range of IP-related matters, including copyright and trademark infringement, passing off, data protection and defamation
- On proceedings for Kaupthing and the Liquidators of several entities over which Kaupthing originally placed contractual receivers
- Apax Partners/HiT Entertainment on trade mark protection issues around various trademarked characters including Barney™
- Premier Foods, in relation to what was then the largest ever product recall in the UK