Mr. Danilow lectures on securities law matters, including such topics as class and derivative litigation, fiduciary duties of directors and insider trading. He has been recognized for his work in the securities litigation and corporate governance areas in Chambers USA, Benchmark Litigation, and Best Lawyers in America. He also has been regularly recommended by Legal 500 for his work in M&A litigation.
Mr. Danilow graduated from Lehigh University and Fordham University School of Law where he was an editor of the law review. Mr. Danilow was law clerk to Hon. John M. Cannella, United States District Court Judge, Southern District of New York.
Current and Recent Litigation Representations
- Representation of General Electric and its Senior Officers in class action in Connecticut. Coyne v. General Electric. Motion to dismiss granted.
- Representation of General Electric Company and its senior officers in connection with securities class action litigation out of 2008 sale of equity. Motion to dismiss for failure to allege loss causation granted.
- Representation of CBS Corp. and certain officers and directors in class action litigation pending in the Southern District of New York. City of Omaha v. CBS. Motion to dismiss granted (affirmed on appeal).
- Representation of Macquarie Capital in connection with securities litigation arising out of secondary offering. Motion for summary judgment granted.
- Representation of General Electric Company and its Board of Directors in connection with derivative litigation. Stein v. Immelt. Motion to dismiss for failure to make demand granted.
- Representation of General Electric Company, its senior officers and directors in connection with class action securities litigation pending in the Southern District of New York relating to declaration of dividends and public offering.
- Representation of Nymex and its directors in connection with litigation in Delaware Chancery Court arising out of merger of Nymex and CME. Motion to dismiss granted.
- Representation of special committee of directors of Affiliated Computer Services in Chancery Court in Delaware arising out of possible sale of company and dispute with controlling shareholder. Motion to dismiss granted.
- Representation of the outside directors of Allstate Insurance Company in connection with derivative litigation in the Northern District of Illinois arising out of regulatory issues in Florida. Motion to dismiss for failure to make demand granted.
- Representation of the outside directors of General Motors in connection with derivative and securities actions in the District of Michigan arising out of restatements.
- Representation of TH Lee and the individual directors of Refco in securities class action and breach of fiduciary duty litigation pending in the Southern District of New York.
Board Committee Representations
- Counsel to an independent committee of Massey Energy responding to a shareholder demand
- Counsel to an independent committee of ACS dealing with acquisition proposals
- Counsel to an independent committee of a large financial institution responding to a shareholder demand regarding executive compensation
- Counsel to the Board of Directors of The Walt Disney Company in connection with alleged back dating of options at Pixar Animation Studios
- Counsel to the Audit Committee of General Motors Corporation
- Counsel to the Audit Committee of China Yuchai International, a New York Stock Exchange company, based in China, in connection with an internal investigation into accounting issues