Gabriel Gregson specializes in financing transactions for private equity funds and other corporate borrowers and lenders. He represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies, as well as public companies and other corporate borrowers and lenders in connection with first and second lien credit facilities, ABL facilities, mezzanine facilities, venture financings, recapitalizations, restructurings and complex intercreditor arrangements.
Mr. Gregson represents clients in sophisticated financing transactions across a variety of industries, including technology, telecommunications, real estate, industrials, healthcare, apparel and consumer products.
Mr. Gregson has been recognized for Banking & Finance by Chambers USA since 2012, with sources describing him as “draw[ing] particular praise for work on private equity funds and acquisition financing.” He was also recently named a “Rising Star” in Banking & Finance by IFLR1000 2016.
Notable Recent Experience:
- Pretium Packaging, LLC (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital Management), a plastics packaging company, in an incremental term facility and unsecured mezzanine notes to finance its acquisition of Custom Blow Molding, Inc.
- Gores Holdings (a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group), in its acquisition of Hostess Brands LLC.
- Alibaba Group Holding in connection with the financing for its acquisition of the Brand Protection Solutions business of the Eastman Kodak Company.
- UBS, as joint lead arranger, in first and second lien term and revolving facilities for MWI Holdings (MW Industries) (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital Management), a manufacturer of custom engineered mechanical components, to refinance existing indebtedness.
- Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc., a distributor to the convenience retail industry in North America, in an amended and upsized revolving multicurrency facility to be used, in part, to finance its acquisition of the assets of Pine State Convenience.
- US Farathane Corporation (a portfolio company of The Gores Group) in an incremental term loan facility to finance its acquisition of Tepso Plastics Mex, SA de CV and its affiliates, a manufacturer of plastic injection molding for the automotive industry with a focus on interior and exterior trim products.
- Genstar Capital in connection with the financing for its acquisition of Boyd Corporation, a provider of precision-engineered, specialty material-based energy management and environmental sealing solutions.
- The Gores Group in connection with the financing for its acquisition of US Farathane Corporation, a designer and manufacturer of plastic injection-molded components primarily for the automotive industry.
- Tecomet Inc. (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital), a leading precision contract manufacturer supporting the medical device and aerospace & defense industries, in connection with the financing for its acquisition of the OEM segment of Symmetry Medical Inc., a manufacturer of high-precision surgical instruments, orthopedic implants and plastic and metal sterilization cases.
- Lenovo Group Limited (China), the world's largest personal computer maker and a worldwide provider of IT products and services, in connection with its acquisition of the Motorola Mobility smartphone business from Google Inc.
- Genstar Capital in connection with the financing for its acquisition of Tecomet, Inc., a leading precision contract manufacturer supporting the medical device and aerospace & defense industries.
- Cosmo Specialty Fibers (a portfolio company of The Gores Group), a producer of high purity cellulose pulp, in connection with an asset-based revolving credit facility.
- Help/Systems (a portfolio company of Summit Partners), a provider of data center automation, security and business intelligence solutions for IBM i, Unix, Linux and Windows operating systems, in connection with its first and second lien credit facilities.
- Mexx Canada Company (a portfolio company of The Gores Group), an international lifestyle brand, in connection with a Canadian dollar term loan facility and a Canadian dollar asset-based revolving credit facility.
- P-Wave Holdings in a debtor in possession credit facility extended to Powerwave Technologies.
- Silver Lake Sumeru in connection with the financing for its acquisition of cloud-based enterprise software vendor Velocity Technology Solutions.
- Technology Crossover Ventures in connection with a Danish law credit facility for a company in which it has a non‑controlling equity investment.
- The Gores Group in connection with the financing for its acquisition of Therakos, a global leader in advanced technologies for extracorporeal photopheresis.