Mr. Remijan has been part of several teams representing clients on a range of domestic and international acquisitions including:
- Adobe Systems Inc. in its $800 million acquisition of Fotolia LLC and acquisitions of Livefyre, Inc. and of certain assets comprising the Digital Analytix business of comScore, Inc.;
- American Securities in its acquisition of NAPA Management Services Corporation;
- Atos S.E. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of the information technology outsourcing business of Xerox Corporation;
- CCMP Capital Advisors in its approximately $1.475 billion acquisition of a controlling interest in The Hillman Companies;
- Costa Inc. (formerly A.T. Cross Company) in its $270 million acquisition by Essilor International SA;
- GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc. in its pending $3.3 billion sale of its portfolio of electric generating plants in Texas, New England, and the Mid-Atlantic states to Atlas Power Finance, LLC, and in its $1.2 billion sale of FirstLight Power Resources Holdings, Inc.;
- General Electric Capital Corporation in its $32 billion sale of its global Commercial Distribution Finance, North American Vendor Finance and North American Corporate Finance platforms to Wells Fargo & Co.;
- General Electric Company in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Lufkin Industries, Inc.;
- The Jordan Company in its acquisition of Capstone Logistics, LLC;
- Intel Corporation in its $16.7 billion acquisition of Altera Corporation;
- Raptor Pharmaceutical Corp. in its acquisition of Quinsair from Tripex Pharmaceuticals;
- Telstra Corporation Limited in its $270 million acquisition of Ooyala Inc.;
- Twilio Inc. in its acquisition of Authy, Inc.; and
- United Online, Inc. in its sale of its subsidiary, Classmates, Inc. to Intelius Holdings Inc.
Mr. Remijan has also been part of several teams representing clients on a range of finance, capital markets, and structured finance transactions including:
- Aéropostale Inc. in its $150 million financing and strategic partnership deal with private equity firm Sycamore Partners LLC;
- Findus Group Limited (a portfolio company of Lion Capital Partners LLP) in its €200 million offering of senior PIK notes;
- Goldman Sachs in $4.75 billion bridge commitments to finance a portion of the proposed $8.2 billion acquisition by Sysco Corporation of US Foods, Inc.;
- Goldman Sachs in a $4.2 billion committed bridge facility to finance the pending cash and stock acquisition by Lam Research Corporation of KLA-Tencor Corporation;
- J.P. Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs and Bank of China in connection with the bond financing of Hony Capital’s £900 million acquisition of PizzaExpress;
- Morgan Stanley and J.P. Morgan, as lead underwriters, in the $3.25 billion senior notes offering, $900 million common stock offering and $1.5 billion offering of tangible equity units by Tyson Foods, Inc. to finance its $8.5 billion acquisition of The Hillshire Brands Company;
- Signet Jewelers Limited in a $400 million senior notes offering to finance its approximately $1.4 billion acquisition of Zale Corporation; and
- Synchrony Financial in its $3.6 billion senior notes offering;
- Volution Group (a portfolio company of TowerBrook Capital Partners) in its £100 million initial public offering and listing on the London Stock Exchange.
In addition, Mr. Remijan has been part of teams representing Chassix Holdings, Inc. and Endeavour International Corporation in their respective chapter 11 cases.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Remijan was an extern at the Joint Committee on Taxation of the U.S. Congress and a judicial extern at the U.S Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. In 2012 he had the privilege of presenting at the EUCOTAX Wintercourse on Global International Taxation held in Lodz, Poland.
Mr. Remijan is a member of the International Fiscal Association USA Branch and the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association. He was recognized by the New York State Bar Association as an Empire State Counsel for his pro bono work in 2013.