Emilie Williams is an associate in Weil’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Williams represents clients in matters relating to the licensing, acquisition, development, sale, use, and commercial exploitation of technology and intellectual property. She has experience in private equity, M&A, financing and other corporate transactions, as well as in complex intellectual property transactions, such as licensing arrangements, intellectual property acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures and technology transfers.
Ms. Williams advises Firm clients in a range of industries, with an emphasis on the technology and financial services sectors. She also has significant experience advising Firm clients in the retail and consumer industry (including web-based companies), with a focus on matters relating to intellectual property, technology, e‑commerce and the use of the Internet in business. Ms. Williams has advised clients, including General Electric, Eli Lilly & Company, Intel, Yahoo, Mastercard, L’Oréal, Elizabeth Arden, Sanofi, JAB Holding Company, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Ms. Williams has been part of the teams advising on the technology and intellectual property aspects of the following matters:
- General Electric Capital Corporation in the $32 billion sale to Wells Fargo & Co. of GECC's global Commercial Distribution Finance business, North American Vendor Finance business and North American Corporate Finance business.
- JAB Holding Company in its $13.9 billion take private of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity, together with Harvest Partners, in the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc., and its combination with Document Technologies Inc.
- Elizabeth Arden, Inc. in its $870 million sale to Revlon, Inc.
- Lee Equity Partners in its sale of PDR Network, LLC.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its $130 million investment in LogicMonitor Inc.
- QLT Inc. in its acquisition of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Ms. Williams graduated from the University of Sydney in 2007 with a Bachelor of Laws, with first class honors, and a B.A. in French in 2005.