Dov Kogen is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Kogen participates in the representation of public and private companies, as well as private equity funds, in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Kogen has been part of the teams advising:
- MGM Resorts International in its formation of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP) and on the corporate aspects of MGP’s $1.05 billion initial public offering
- MGM Resorts International in its $1.175 billion sale of the real property of the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey to MGM Growth Properties LLC
- Signet Group Limited in its $625 million sale of convertible preferred shares to Leonard Green & Partners, the proceeds from which will be used to fund a repurchase of up to $625 million in Signet common stock
- Leucadia National Corporation in its $253 million acquisition of exchangeable preferred shares in Harbinger Group Inc.
- The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P) and its direct and indirect subsidiaries in the sale of their stores as part of their chapter 11 cases commenced in 2015
- FXCM, Inc. in connection with movement in Swiss Franc, financing transaction with Leucadia National Corporation and adoption of rights plan
- Berkshire Partners LLC in its investment in The Portillo Restaurant Group, Inc.
- CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC in its acquisition of Jamieson Laboratories, Ltd.
- DIRECTV Sports Networks, LLC, together with AT&T Teleholdings, Inc., in the purchase of Houston Regional Sports Network, L.P.
Mr. Kogen received his J.D., cum laude, from Harvard Law School and his B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Pennsylvania where he was also a “Benjamin Franklin Scholar.”