Bernard has been involved in the representation of:
- The Gores Group LLC and its portfolio company, United Road Services, Inc., in its sale to Charlesbank Capital Partners, LLC.
- Getty Images in its sale by Hellman & Freidman to The Carlyle Group.
- CPU Technology, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its sale to The Boeing Company.
- Facebook in its acquisition of Parse, a cloud-based service provider for mobile app developers across multiple platforms.
- Technology Crossover Ventures (TCV) in its growth equity investment in TOA Technologies, a developer of global field-service management software.
- Synopsys in its acquisition of Ciranova, an electronic design automation company.
In addition to practicing law, Bernard previously worked in the energy industry as a Research Fellow with the California Clean Energy Fund (CalCEF) and as a Team Lead – Regulatory Relations at Pacific Gas & Electric Company.