Benjamin Adelson is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Mr. Adelson participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions and divestitures. Mr. Adelson assists in advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on a broad range of general corporate, securities laws and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Adelson has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition of Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P.
- General Electric Company in its sale of a stake in Hyundai Capital Services, a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Company and GE Capital
- Lee Equity Partners in its sale of PDR Network, LLC
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisitions of Aurora Plastics Group, Inc. and APCO Holdings, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investment in PaySimple Inc.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board as part of a global investor group in the group’s agreement to acquire ownership stakes in AlixPartners and in its acquisition with Lightyear Capital of AIG Advisor Group Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisitions of Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company, LLC and Electric Guard Dog, LLC
Mr. Adelson grew up in Toronto, Canada, and he received his B.A., with honors, and his J.D. from Queen’s University.