Ben Thompson is an associate in the Banking & Finance group in the London office of Weil. He focuses on leveraged and acquisition finance transactions, and advises financial institutions, corporates and private equity sponsors on a variety of other debt and corporate finance transactions.
Prior to joining Weil, Ben was a member of the banking team at a leading U.S. global law firm, spending a year in its New York office. Ben has also spent 8 months on secondment in the credit products legal team at JPMorgan.
- Advent on its refinancing of Ammeraal Beltech and bids for Logoplaste and Allegro
- Ares on its PIK financings of Trainline and Daisy
- Goldman Sachs on the refinancing of Northgate Human Resources
- Goldman Sachs PIA on the Second Lien and PIK financing of Atos Medical, and financings of R&R Ice Cream and Pret a Manger
- Lenders on Bain’s bids for Morpho and Ethypharm
- Lloyds in relation to fund financing
- Margin Loan for General Atlantic in respect of one of its portfolio companies
- TPG Capital on financing in Accel-KKR’s bid for Thunderhead
- UniCredit on financing of Amplifon’s bid for Audionova International