Alex has experience on a wide range of structured finance transactions and structured products including securitisations across a variety of asset classes, repackagings and other structured note issuances.
He also advises on OTC derivatives (including perfect asset swaps for loan and securitisation hedging) and a number of other funding driven derivative arrangements.
Alex has provided advice, as part of a team, on default management and the restructuring of structured finance deals, including the Special Administrators of MF Global UK and the Lehman Brothers estate, and has acted on a number of non-performing loan securitisation transactions.
Alex was part of the team which advised on the IFLR “Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year 2014”, Blackstone / GSO’s Phoenix Park CLO. The transaction was notable for containing a retention structure that has become a new reference point in the CLO market.
Representative experience as part of a team includes:
- A global investment firm on an innovative structure for the securitisation of NPLs in Italy, Greece and Germany
- Advent International on derivatives related to the financing of its acquisition of KMD, a Denmark-based information technology and software company
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch on its role as Arranger and Initial Purchaser on Alcentra’s Jubilee CLO 2014-XI
- BlackRock on its inaugural European CLO transaction, BlackRock European CLO I
- Blackstone / GSO Debt Funds Management Europe Limited as collateral manager on all its European CLO 2.0 transactions, Grand Harbour, Herbert Park, Richmond Park, Holland Park, Phoenix Park, Sorrento Park, Castle Park, Orwell Park and Tymon Park and its U.S. CLO, Dorchester Park
- Blackstone / GSO on its establishment of a loan origination business and the related financing arrangements
- Oaktree Capital Management on its European CLO transaction, Arbour CLO III Limited
- The Carlyle Group investment manager CELF Advisors on several of its European CLO transactions, CGMSE 2013-2, CGMSE 2014-1, CGMSE 2014-2, CGMSE 2015-2 and CGMSE 2015-3
- General Motors on complex derivatives issues relating to its acquisition of GMAC’s European entities, including numerous structured finance positions
- Various hedge funds on distressed investments and acquisitions of NPLs