Alex Purtill participates in the representation of financial and strategic clients in various acquisition transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and cross-border matters.
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Purtill was a Senior Associate at Allens Linklaters in Perth, Australia in the Energy, Resources and Infrastructure Group. He also worked at Weil from 2007 to 2014 in the New York and Silicon Valley offices.
Member of the teams advising:
- Yahoo! in its acquisition of a number of early-stage companies in the software and SaaS space
- Adobe Systems in its acquisition of social media company Behance
- Vonage in its acquisition of Vocalocity, a voice over IP service provider
- Lenovo in its acquisition of the Motorola business unit from Google
- RF Micro Devices in its merger of equals transaction with Triquint Semiconductors
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES in its acquisition of IBM’s microelectronics business
- Dell in its acquisition of Gale Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of infrastructure automation software
- Getty Images in its sale to the Carlyle Group
- Silver Lake Sumeru in its acquisition of enterprise application cloud services provider Velocity Technology Solutions, and in relation to a number of subsequent acquisitions by Velocity