Adam has significant experience representing leading accounting firms and restructuring practices on workouts and restructurings, as well as UK clearing banks, US investment banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, and boards of directors in major corporate restructurings.
Adam has led a wide range of well-known restructurings (including contingency planning) and formal insolvencies, advising boards of companies, distressed investors, senior and junior lenders, and leading insolvency practitioners. He is currently leading the team advising KPMG as joint administrators in the ground-breaking case of MF Global UK's special administration, which was awarded “Restructuring Team of the Year” twice in 2014 at the Legal Business Awards and The Lawyer Awards. Adam also has extensive experience in distressed M&A.
Adam's work is consistently recognised in leading industry directories, including Chambers, IFLR 1000, Euromoney's Guide to the World's Leading Insolvency and Restructuring Lawyers, and Legal Experts. Adam is President of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) UK and a council member of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association (ILA).
Adam is ranked in Band 1 in Chambers UK 2015 for Restructuring, where he is highly praised by his clients for his strategic sense and project management; it is also noted by one interviewee that his client service is “not bettered in the London market”. He is also recommended in Legal 500 UK 2014, named a “Leading Lawyer” by IFLR 1000 UK 2015, and has been selected to the 2014 London Super Lawyers list for his insolvency and bankruptcy expertise.
Representative experience includes:
- Leading the team advising KPMG as joint administrators in the special administration of MF Global UK
- Lehman Brothers on its restructuring
- Senior noteholder on the £1.5 billion restructuring of General Healthcare Group, owner and operator of the BMI hospital chain
- Restructuring of Hagemeyer for the company
- Sponsor on CityPoint’s restructuring
- Lenders on Murabaha, Musharaka and Sukuk restructurings
- WL Ross on its acquisition of the European Collins & Aikman business from the Administrators
- Sponsor on the restructuring of FCC in Spain
- Representing Senior Creditors in various restructurings of SIVs including Sigma Finance, and Cheyne
- Representing various global investment banks on their capital resolution plans
- Representing lenders and investors in Emerging Markets restructurings in Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Far East
- Restructuring of various football clubs
- Various hedge funds on distressed investments and acquisitions of NPLs