(June 18, 2012, Weil News)
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP was ranked as a top firm in the IAM Patent 1000 – The World's Leading Patent Practitioners 2012
According to the survey, Weil's "patent litigation team is one of the best in the country" and "has the national footprint and depth of resources to tackle disputes that many peers cannot handle." The Patent Litigation practice group received a national recommendation, earned Silver rankings in California and in the DC Metro area, and earned Bronze rankings in Texas and New York.
In addition, Weil's Technology & IP Transactions (TIPT) practice group received a recommendation for licensing in New York, with the survey stating that "the licensing and IP transactions team continues to excel, with the top end of the market its natural hunting ground."
Moreover, ten Weil lawyers were included in IAM Patent 1000
, including all four members of the TIPT group:
- Karen N. Ballack was recommended for licensing in California.
- Nicolas G. Barzoukas earned a Silver ranking for litigation in Texas.
- Jared Bobrow, chair of the Patent Litigation practice group, received a Silver ranking for litigation in California.
- Mark G. Davis and Brian E. Ferguson were recommended nationally in the International Trade Commission category, and received Silver rankings for litigation in the DC Metro area.
- Michael A. Epstein, Jeffrey D. Osterman, and Charan J. Sandhu were all recommended for licensing in New York.
- Edward R. Reines received a national recommendation in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit category, and earned a Silver ranking for litigation in California.
- Elizabeth S. Weiswasser received a Bronze ranking for litigation in New York.
The survey is compiled by IAM
magazine, a leading source of information on intellectual property, from detailed interviews with both practitioners and patent owners.