(March 13, 2012, Weil News)
International law firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP today announced that John H. Cobb has joined the firm as a partner in its Capital Markets group in its New York office.
"John’s extensive experience in leveraged loan and capital markets transactions is a strong and strategic addition to our institutional leveraged finance capabilities," said Executive Partner Barry M. Wolf. "We are delighted to welcome John as the latest addition to Weil."
Mr. Cobb represents banks, investors and mezzanine funds, as well as issuers, in connection with a broad range of banking and securities transactions, including first and second lien credit facilities, bridge loan facilities, high-yield and investment grade debt offerings, restructurings and reorganizations. Mr. Cobb joins Weil from Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP where he was chair of the Leveraged Finance practice.
"The market for law firms that can handle large and complex leveraged finance matters for bulge bracket financial institutions is consolidating and Weil is one of the leading firms with this capability," said Daniel S. Dokos, head of Weil’s global finance practice. "John is held in high esteem in the marketplace and his addition will add depth and stature to our team."
"Weil’s global presence, along with its desire to grow its institutional leveraged finance capabilities in a way that is responsive to today’s market, represent a very attractive opportunity," said Mr. Cobb. "I am excited to join Weil’s dynamic practice."
This news also appeared in the following publications (may require registration/subscription):
- The American Lawyer: The Churn: Lateral Moves and Promotions in The Am Law 200 (March 13, 2012)
- The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel: John H. Cobb has joined Weil as partner in its Capital Markets group in its New York office (March 13, 2012)
- Thomson Reuters: Dewey & LeBoeuf practice leader heads to Weil Gotshal (March 13, 2012)
- Thomson Reuters: CAREER TRACKER: Lawyers on the move (March 14, 2012)
- The Deal: Movers & shakers (March 15, 2012)
- DealBook: Lean Times for Dewey & LeBoeuf (March 15, 2012)
- JD Journal: Dewey & LeBoeuf Loses Two Lawyers to Lateral Moves (March 15, 2012)
- Thomson Reuters: Twelve more Dewey & LeBoeuf partners jump ship (March 18, 2012)
- The Lawyer: On the move (March 26, 2012)
- National Law Journal: Movers – New Arrivals (April 2, 2012)