in the sale of World Freight Company International, a general sales and service agent that markets airline cargo freight capacity, to Greenbriar Equity Group.
in its indirect acquisition of a majority stake in Industrial Division sp. z o.o., a lessor of locomotives to, among others, carriers of petrochemicals, raw materials and special cargoes, from Jarpid Investment.
- in its pending $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods Corporation, at the time the largest domestic air medical transport provider.
- in the acquisition, subsequent reorganization, public offering and pending $3.3 billion sale of Metaldyne Performance Group Inc., a manufacturer of transmission, engine, driveline and safety components for passenger, commercial and industrial vehicles. Also advised on financing matters related to the original acquisition.
- in its $750 million leveraged buyout of HHI Holdings, an auto components supplier, from KPS Capital Partners. Also advised on financing matters related to the transaction.
which includes HOPU Fund and Bank of China, in its $2.5 billion investment in Global Logistic Properties Ltd. (GLP), a provider of logistics facilities in China, Japan and Brazil, including a 1.5% investment stake in GLP itself and in GLP China, a subsidiary of GLP in China. At the time, this was one of the largest outbound investments led by a China-based private equity fund.
Barclays, Macquarie and Wells Fargo, as joint bookrunners and joint lead arrangers, in $535 million credit facilities for Atlantic Aviation FBO Inc. (a portfolio company of Macquarie Infrastructure Company), a provider of airport services and the operator of fixed-based operations at airports and heliports.
- at the time a portfolio company of Cinven Partners, CVC Capital Partners and Oak Hill Capital Partners in its $7.6 billion sale to Bohai Leasing Co., Ltd.
- in its $10 billion acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group Inc.
a manufacturer and marketer of precision components and assemblies for the aerospace, automotive, petrochemical and transportation markets, among others, in its $1.3 billion (which includes £270 million) first and second lien credit facilities.
in a series of transactions intended to effect the tax-free distribution of FNF’s ~51% interest in Remy International, Inc., a designer, manufacturer and distributor of rotating electrical components for automobiles, trucks and other vehicles, to holders of FNFV tracking stock.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as sole lead arranger and sole bookrunner, and J.P. Morgan, as administrative agent, in numerous amendments and extensions to the revolving credit facilities of Ford Motor Company.
- J.P. Morgan, Citi and Goldman Sachs in the $18.5 billion financing for Ford Motor Company – the largest financing on record in the automotive industry.
- in its $6.9 billion sale of its United States, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand fleet businesses to Element Financial Corporation, and in the sale of its European fleet businesses to Arval Service Lease S.A.
- in the sale of its North American tank car rail assets and railcar repair business to Marmon Holdings, Inc.
- in the $499 million sale of its stake in Penske Truck Leasing Co. LP to Penske Automotive Group Inc.
- in its $11 billion revolving credit facilities – the largest unfunded non-investment grade revolver in history at the time and the third-largest financing on record in the automotive industry.
- in its $4.2 billion acquisition of the European, Latin American and China-based auto-finance and insurance operations of Ally Financial Inc., providers, primarily under the GMAC name, of retail financing and other services to consumers and of wholesale financing to dealers – one of the five largest Latin American M&A deals in 2012 per Latin Lawyer.
together with Hankook Tire Co. Ltd., in the $3.6 billion acquisition of an approximately 70% equity stake in Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp., a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of automobile climate control products, from Visteon Corporation.
- in the establishment of a securitization facility to finance its fleet leasing business with an issuance of $1.1 billion variable funding asset-backed notes, and in the extension of their Australian, French and Dutch rental car securitizations.
- in the establishment of a new master trust fleet lease securitization platform to finance their subsidiary Donlen’s fleet lease portfolio and the establishment of a conduit funded warehouse facility thereunder, as well as several term ABS issuances.
a China-based conglomerate focused on airport and travel services, transportation and logistics:
- in its $6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. from affiliates of The Blackstone Group.
- in its $2.8 billion acquisition of Swissport International Ltd.
- in the approximately $6 billion acquisition by its member, Tianjin Tianhai Investment Co Ltd, a provider of international short-haul container shipping and freight agency services, of Ingram Micro Inc.
- in its acquisition of a majority interest in Dealer Tire, LLC, a company that assists auto manufacturers with managing tire programs targeting auto dealerships.
- in its acquisition of a 49% interest in Odfjell Terminals AS (OTAS), the holding company for substantially all of the worldwide tank terminal activities of Odfjell SE, in exchange for a $219 million cash investment in OTAS and a contribution to OTAS of Lindsay Goldberg's 49% share in its existing joint venture with Odfjell.
- in its acquisition of The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc., a provider of tank truck transporter and logistics services, from GS Capital Partners and Centerbridge Partners.
- in its $520 million acquisition of V.Group Limited, a provider of management and related marine services to the global shipping industry – OMERS’ debut buy-out deal in the European market.
together with two other investors, in an aggregate $700 million PIPE investment and subsequent $1.2 billion follow-on investment in XPO Logistics, Inc., a provider of freight brokerage transportation services.
- in the acquisition and sale of its 25% equity interest in the AutoTrader Group, the largest digital automotive marketplace in the United States, to Cox Enterprises.
- in a minority investment in GlobalTranz Inc., a freight agent and freight broker transportation management company.
a provider of passenger and cargo air transportation services to and from Doha, Qatar to various business and leisure destinations around the world, in its $608 million acquisition of a 10% stake in LATAM Airlines Group S.A.
a developer, manufacturer and supplier of automotive fluid storage, carrying and delivery systems, in its sale to Bain Capital.