- in its acquisition of Noosa Yoghurt, LLC. Co-Managing Partner of the Boston office Marilyn French Shaw was named a “Dealmaker of the Year” by The American Lawyer for her lead role advising on this transaction.
- in its approximately $845 million acquisition of an approximately 14% stake in lululemon athletica, inc., a designer, manufacturer and retailer of athletic apparel and accessories for women and men, from Dennis J. Wilson, founder of lululemon athletica.
- along with its portfolio company, DFS Furniture Company Limited, in the acquisition by DFS of The Sofa Workshop Limited, a furniture manufacturer and retailer, from its individual shareholders.
- in its acquisition of a majority stake in AOT Bedding Super Holdings, the parent company of Serta and Simmons bedding, from Ares Management LLC and Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan. We also advised on $1.5 billion term and ABL revolving facilities and a $650 million notes offering to finance the acquisition.
- along with CDIB Capital International Corporation and Mirae Asset Global Investments Co., Ltd., in their acquisition of International Coffee & Tea, LLC doing business as The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, from Sassoon Group, LLC, Sampoerna Coffee Bean Holdings Limited, and the Jacob Wizman and Natalie S. Wizman Revocable 2003 Trust.
- in its strategic partnership with, and $150 million financing commitment from, Sycamore Partners, a minority investor in Aéropostale.
- in its acquisition of GoJane.com, Inc., an online retailer that focuses primarily on fashion footwear.
- in the creation of a joint venture with New Balance Holding, and the acquisition by such joint venture of The Rockport Company, LLC from adidas AG, as well as the acquisition of Drydock Footwear LLC, from New Balance Holding.
- together with its portfolio company, National Vision, Inc., in National Vision's sale to an affiliate of KKR & Co. L.P.
- in its acquisition and sale of Grocery Outlet, Inc., a deep-discount supermarket chain, to Hellman & Friedman LLC and Grocery Outlet's own senior management. We also advised on $460 million first and second lien credit facilities.
in its acquisition of an interest in Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc., a discount retailer from SKM Equity Fund III, L.P. Also advised on $300 million credit facilities to finance the acquisition.
- as financial advisor to Rite Aid Corporation in its proposed $2 billion acquisition of Envision Pharmaceutical Services.
- as financial advisor to Sealy Corporation in Sealy's approximately $1.3 billion sale to Tempur-Pedic International Inc.
- as financial advisor to The Jones Group Inc., a clothing and accessory company, in its $2.2 billion take private by Sycamore Partners.
- as joint lead arranger in numerous financing matters for Revlon Consumer Products Corporation, a cosmetics company, including a $700 million incremental credit facility to finance Revlon’s acquisition of The Colomer Group (Spain), a professional salon that sells beauty products.
- in its $925 million sale of eBay Enterprise to a consortium that includes Sterling Partners, Permira, Longview Asset Management and Innotrac, an ecommerce fulfillment company.
- in its acquisition of assets related to the Vivanuncios website, a Spanish-language classifieds site in Mexico, from W3 Ltd., an owner and operator of web portals for accommodations, real estate, jobs, friendships and dating.
- in its acquisition of machine translation technology from AppTek Partners, LLC (Applications Technology, Inc.), a developer of automatic speech recognition and machine translation tools for text and speech processing applications.
- in its acquisition of Shutl Limited, a developer and operator of a SaaS platform that enables immediate delivery of online shopping via local same-day courier companies.
- in its acquisition of 2dehands.be, the largest free classifieds site in Belgium.
- in its acquisition of Vitacost.com, Inc., an online retailer of health and wellness vitamin, nutrition and personal care products.
- in its acquisition via tender offer of Roundy’s, Inc., a grocer and pharmacy operator in the Midwest.
- in its strategic partnership with, and investment in, Lucky’s Market, a specialty grocery store chain focused on natural, organic and locally-grown products.
- in its acquisition of Carol's Daughter Holdings, LLC from Pegasus Capital Advisors, other investors and founders.
- in its acquisition of NYX Cosmetics from HCP & Company and other shareholders.
a retailer in southeastern Europe, in the reorganization of its partnership with Carrefour SA, a supermarket chain, including the acquisition of Carrefour's entire stake in Carrefour Marinopoulos, the two companies’ retail joint venture in Greece.
the largest specialty retail jeweler in the U.S. and the U.K.:
- in its approximately $1.4 billion acquisition of Zale Corporation, a specialty retailer of fine jewelry in North America.
- in its $625 million sale of convertible preferred shares to Leonard Green & Partners, the proceeds from which will be used to fund a repurchase of up to $625 million in Signet common stock.
- in its acquisition of 1-800 CONTACTS from WellPoint. Also advised on $480 million first lien credit facilities to finance the acquisition.
- in its approximately $2.7 billion acquisition of a majority stake in Party City Holdings Inc., North America’s largest retailer of party goods, from Advent International Corporation, Berkshire Partners LLC, and Weston Presidio. Also advised on $1.1 billion term and $400 million revolving facilities, and a $700 million notes offering to finance the acquisition. Corporate Chairman Michael Aiello was named “Dealmaker of the Week” for the week ending June 8, 2012 by The Am Law Daily for his lead role advising on this transaction.