- Advised CBS Corporation in its spin-off of Interactive Auto Inc. (“Xcar.com.cn”), an online social media site in China focused on automobiles that includes a buying guide, database and test reviews, to Xinjiang Guanghui Industry Investment Co., Ltd. and Shenzhen Co-Stone Venture Investment Management Company Limited. The deal included the pre-closing carve-out of certain China businesses from Interactive Auto's China subsidiary.
- Advised CBS Corporation in its formation of CBS Sports Radio, a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week lineup of national programming from CBS Radio and CBS Sports. CBS Sports Radio is the largest major market sports radio network in the nation. In an unprecedented move, CBS Corporation created CBS Sports Radio, establishing the most listened-to sports radio network across the Top 50 markets in the nation.
Advised Delta Topco Limited, the parent company of Formula One, in its pending $7.8 billion sale to Liberty Media Corporation.
- Advised DIRECTV in all of its major transactions since it was created, including most recently its $67.1 billion sale to AT&T. Also handled significant financings, including its first Euro denominated investment grade senior notes offering.
- Advised DIRECTV Sports Networks, LLC, the owner and operator of three regional sports networks, in, together with AT&T Teleholdings, Inc., the purchase of Houston Regional Sports Network, L.P., a broadcaster of basketball, football, and other games.
Advised General Electric and NBC Universal in GE’s $37.25 billion joint venture with Comcast for ownership of NBC Universal and Comcast’s cable channels and regional sports networks and, thereafter, GE in the $18.1 billion sale of its remaining 49 percent stake in NBCUniversal and related real estate to Comcast.
Advised Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of Cross MediaWorks, a multi-platform media company offering unwired cable networks for media buyers and advertisers from Clarion Capital Partners, LLC. Also advised on the credit facilities to finance the acquisition.
- Advised LIN Media LLC in its $2.6 billion merger with Media General, Inc.
- Advised LIN TV Corporation, an owner and operator of television broadcasting stations and multimedia assets, in together with its subsidiary LIN Television of Texas (LIN of Texas) in LIN of Texas’s sale of its stake in Station Venture Holdings (a joint venture with NBCUniversal Media) to Comcast Corporation and NBCUniversal for cash and the release of LIN TV’s $815.5 million guarantee of Station Venture Holdings’ credit facility, and in LIN TV’s subsequent merger with and into LIN Media LLC, allowing LIN TV to reorganize from a corporation into a publicly traded limited liability company.
- Advised Providence Equity Partners as a minority stakeholder, in the sale of a 49% equity stake in Yankees Entertainment & Sports Network (The YES Network).
- Advised Providence Equity Partners in its sale of its stake in Hulu, an online video service that delivers free-on-demand premium television programming and films, to joint venture co-owners News Corporation, Comcast Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
- Advised Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of Learfield Communications, Inc., a manager of the multimedia rights for collegiate institutions and associations in the United States, from Shamrock Capital Growth Fund III, L.P.
Advised the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Starz, Inc., a provider of premium subscription video programming on domestic pay television channels, global content distribution, and animated television and movie production, in Starz’s $4.4 billion sale to Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation, a motion picture and television programming producer, distributor and syndicator.
Advised TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in their acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
Advised Univision Communications (a portfolio company of TPG, Providence Equity Partners, Thomas H. Lee Partners and Madison Dearborn Partners), a major Spanish-language broadcaster operating in the U.S. market, in over $7.2 billion of high yield notes offerings.
Advised Verizon Communications Inc. in its $4.4 billion acquisition of AOL Inc. Frederick Green was named “Dealmaker of the Week” for week ending May 15, 2015 by The Am Law Daily for his lead role advising on this transaction.
Advised Vivendi, a publisher and distributor of video games, music, audiovisual works, and film content in its €1.0 billion acquisition of a 20% stake in Canal+ France SA, a provider of cable television and radio broadcasting services, from Lagardere SCA (France).
Advised Yahoo! on all IP and technology aspects of more than 20 of its recent deals, including its:
- acquisition of Flurry, Inc., a provider of a mobile application analytics platform that helps build, measure, advertise, and monetize various applications.
- acquisition of Mskynet Inc., a developer of tools and services for mobile sales lead generation;
- $1.1 billion acquisition of popular blogging site Tumblr – which was the largest acquisition of a social networking company in years and Yahoo!’s largest acquisition in a decade;
- its staged disengagement from Alibaba, which provided for Alibaba’s approximately $7.1 billion repurchase of up to one-half of Yahoo’s equity stake and a framework for Yahoo to monetize its remaining interest;
- acquisition of U.K.-based Summly Limited, a mobile news aggregator; and
- acquisitions of Xobni, GhostBird Software, Playerscale, GoPollGo, Jybe, Snip.it, UrbanQ, Limelight Labs/OnTheAir and Stamped.