acquisition of a majority stake in ATI Physical Therapy Holdings, LLC, a provider of outpatient rehabilitation services, including physical therapy and work conditioning, from KRG Capital Partners.
- $5.4 billion acquisition of Novartis Animal Health.
- $410 million sale of veterinary assets to Virbac SA, a developer of medications to prevent and treat pathologies for animals.
- acquisition by Elanco, its animal health division, of Lohmann SE, a supplier of poultry vaccines and feed additives.
$7.6 billion merger with Community Health Systems.
$17.6 billion all-stock merger of equals with Quintiles Transnational Holdings Inc.
$1 billion acquisition of Gentium, an Italy-based biopharmaceutical company focused on development of drugs derived from DNA and DNA molecules.
$2.6 billion sale to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, which develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of pharmaceutical products primarily in the area of dermatology. We also advised on all of the Antitrust-related aspects of the acquisition. Weil’s representation of Medicis in the Valeant deal was featured in Law360’s “Sealing the Deal,” which describes the extraordinary 10-day turnaround of the deal. “Having past experience with Medicis gave the attorneys important insight into the company’s sticking points and interests. A deep familiarity with the company’s priorities meant [Matthew] Gilroy had an edge in negotiating the deal quickly: he knew where his focus should be, what to compromise and what to decide.”
- acquisition of Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company that researches small-molecule therapeutics for cardiovascular and metabolic disease.
- minority investment in Aralez Pharmaceuticals Plc and distribution of the acquired Aralez shares to its shareholders.
- $25 billion exchange of Merial, its animal health business, for the consumer healthcare business of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH.
- $20.1 billion takeover of Genzyme.
- investment in Warp Drive Bio, a start-up focusing on proprietary genomic technology to discover drugs of natural origin.
- worldwide exclusive licensing agreement with MannKind Corporation to develop and commercialize Afrezza (insulin human) Inhalation Powder.
acquisition of the worldwide rights to the cancer vaccine, Provenge, and certain other assets from Dendreon Corporation, a developer of cancer treatment therapeutics, in a Section 363 sale process.
- antitrust matters concerning its proposed $66 billion acquisition of Allergan, Inc., a multi-specialty health care company that develops and commercializes pharmaceutical, biological, medical device and over-the-counter products.
- antitrust matters concerning its proposed $600 million sale of the rights to several branded respiratory products in the United States and Canada to AstraZeneca plc.
- Forest Laboratories in antitrust matters related to its $24.2 billion sale to Actavis.
antitrust aspects concerning its $13.4 billion sale to Zimmer Holdings, Inc., a manufacturer of orthopedic reconstructive, dental and spinal implants, and trauma and related surgical products.
- antitrust aspects of its proposed $1.99 billion sale of its Cordis business, a developer and manufacturer of interventional vascular technology, to Cardinal Health, Inc., a provider of pharmaceutical and medical products and services.
- antitrust aspects of its $21.3 billion purchase of Swiss-American orthopedic devices maker Synthes Inc. Weil negotiated a limited divestiture in order to obtain antitrust clearance.
- antitrust aspects of its sale of a majority interest in Walgreens Infusion Services, a major provider of home and alternate treatment site infusion services, to Madison Dearborn Partners.
- antitrust matters with respect to its $6.7 billion acquisition of a 45% interest in Alliance Boots, a Switzerland-based international pharmacy-led health and beauty group. Weil obtained antitrust clearance for the transaction within the initial waiting period, avoiding the potential delay associated with a full-phase investigation.