Download complete fact sheet (PDF)
Women@Weil Mission Statement
Women@Weil is the affinity group for women at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP. Women@Weil embraces the talents and energy of women across Weil Gotshal, focusing on mentoring and networking, recruiting and retention, pro bono initiatives, and business development and outreach. Women@Weil reflects the Firm’s recognition of the importance of women in every aspect of firm life and is dedicated to supporting and advancing women at the Firm. Women@Weil is committed to helping the Firm’s women achieve their potential in their professional and personal lives, and to address the challenges they may encounter along the way. Women@Weil is represented in each of the Firm’s offices around the world, and is open to all women lawyers, from first-year associates to senior partners.
Women@Weil is composed of a steering committee, which provides overall leadership for the initiative; individual office leaders in each of the offices throughout the Firm, who provide regional leadership; and six project committees composed of women partners, counsel and associates that Women@Weil undertakes to support the Firm’s diversity initiative. The project committees include:
- Mentoring and Networking
- Recruiting and Retention
- Pro Bono
- Business Development and Outreach
- Boston: Wine tasting and education event for women attorneys and clients at a local women-owned wine shop focused on wines made by women.
- Dallas: Annual “Makeup, Martinis, and Must Haves” event at Neiman Marcus for the Firm’s women attorneys and clients.
- Frankfurt: First women’s networking event in Germany at a fine arts museum with the Firm’s women attorneys and clients who were treated to a guided private tour entitled “Muses, Madonnas & Mistresses – Women in Art.”
- Houston: Numerous provocative and fun programs dealing with a variety of issues, including challenges women face in leadership roles, and creating financial independence.
- London: Worked with GE in its Refuge Champagne and Canapés networking and fundraising evening for over 300 business women and 40 companies across London, benefiting Refuge and the Hilton Foundation.
- New York: Annual Henri Bendel private beauty and shopping event for the Firm’s women attorneys and clients to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, a pro bono client of the Firm.
- Silicon Valley: Clothing drive for Career Closet, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping women in crisis get back to work, and Lawsuits, the California State Bar’s program to help women and men transition into the workforce.
- Washington, DC: With the Women’s Bar Association hosted a series of brown bag roundtable discussions for women attorneys, addressing topics that affect the advancement and retention of women.
Weil Gotshal is a substantial contributor and sponsor of many women-related charities and benevolent organizations. Women@Weil members regularly attend and actively participate in numerous national and local fundraisers. Some recent events have included the Catalyst Awards Conference and Dinner, the InMotion Benefit, the Legal Momentum Aiming High Luncheon, where the Firm’s managing partner, Stephen Dannhauser was honored, the National Council for Research on Women Annual Dinner, the New York Women’s Foundation breakfast, the YWCA of Metropolitan Dallas: Feminization of Poverty Public Policy Forum, the YWCA Spring Soiree, and the YWCA Salute to Women Leaders Lunch. In addition, Women@Weil is the proud sponsor of the Henri Bendel’s event which raises money for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, for which Weil Gotshal serves as pro bono counsel. Weil matched all funds raised at the Bendel’s event in 2007.
+1 617 772 8319
+36 1 301 8900
+49 69 21659 770
+44 20 7903 1233
+1 305 577 3257
+49 89 2424 3106
+1 212 310 8891
+1 212 310 8886
+33 1 4421 9797
+420 22140 7303
Suat Eng Seah
+86 21 3217 9511
+1 650 802 3141
+48 22 520 4251
+1 202 682 7231