Weil has five professional affinity groups: Asian Attorneys@Weil; Black Attorney Affinity Group; Latinos@Weil; Women@Weil; and WEGALA, a gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender attorney affinity group.
The primary purposes of these groups are to enhance the recruitment and retention of attorneys from these specific groups and to foster a better understanding among all of the Firm's attorneys and staff of the unique issues facing members of these groups as they work at the Firm. The primary goals of each Professional Development Affinity Group will be as follows:
- To provide a forum for its members to network with other members (whether in the same office or another Firm office) and to raise concerns common to the applicable group (both at the staff, associate, counsel and partner level) to members of senior management
- To encourage its senior members to mentor the younger attorneys within the applicable group
- To work closely with the Professional Hiring Steering Committee, the Professional Relations Committee and the Professional Development Committee in their recruiting and retention efforts to enhance increased representation by the applicable group
- To serve as a resource to the Diversity Committee in determining what follow up actions the Firm should take to enhance the Firm's diversity efforts with respect to the applicable group
- To serve as a resource to the Philanthropic Committee and the Pro Bono Committee in identifying charitable organizations and pro bono matters in which it would be appropriate for the Firm to participate
- To liaise with members of affinity groups at the Firm’s key clients (and potential new clients), thereby enhancing the Firm’s institutional relationship with these clients and increasing client marketing opportunities among a broader range of attorneys within the Firm